Ing Hill Lodge is 300 metres up on the western slopes of the North Pennine fells. Approached from Kirkby Stephen by a B classified road, narrow in places. Entry to the site for cars is over a cattle grid and up a tarmac covered drive approx 1/10 mile long and rising at 14% for a short distance.
This statement strives to provide information on our accommodation and services, but if you have any questions we will be pleased to help if you call us.
- There are no bus services (although on Tuesdays in season a vintage bus will take you in to Hawes and return).
- The railway station is some 15 minutes away by car.
- There are many local taxi services, most can supply vehicles for disabled access, we can book these for you.
- All our own documents can be provided in large print, at short notice.
- Up to date information can be viewed on this web site
- You can contact us by phone, email or post.
Arrival & car parking facilities
- You will be met on arrival and shown all the facilities
- Parking is immediately adjacent to the Barn and one space is available per apartment. Parking for one further vehicle per booking can be arranged.
- Four vehicles have to be accommodated and if the vehicle is parked so the bonnet is facing the wooden fence there is adequate room to fully open doors etc.
- The surface of the parking area is reasonably level and gravelled.
- Two stone steps give access to the Stables entrance.
- The first step is 16cm high, to a landing, the second 15cm
- The free space on this landing is 120cm by 110cm
Main entrance to Lounge/dining room
- The front door is 65cm wide
- Once through the front door the floor is level throughout the accommodation.
- The whole of the area is carpeted, except for the kitchen and bathroom.
Lounge and Dining Room
- These areas share one room.
- There is adequate space between furniture which can be moved if necessary.
- Two double sofas, both armed.
- Digital satellite television with all ‘free to view’ channels. Includes DVD player facility and remote controls for both.
- CD and cassette player. Best reception of radio uses satellite channel.
- Not available
- Not available
- Not available
- Door width 71cm
- Bed is a double 150cm wide.
- Bed height 58cm floor to top of mattress.
- Non feather duvets and pillows provided.
- Sheets, duvet covers and pillow cases are poly/cotton.
- Largest clear space is 245cm by 106cm.
- Door width 70cm.
- Shower enclosed by clear glass sliding door. Step over shower tray edge is 27cm high.
- Shower is thermostatically controlled and overhead drencher or hand held rose is selected by one lever. Running temperature is selected by another lever, easy to adjust.
- Free space in room is 140cm by 100cm.
- Toilet seat height is 46cm.
- Flooring is tiles.
- Locked door can be released from outside by use of a coin.
- All electric; provided with microwave, oven with grill, 4-ring hob, refrigerator and freezer (last two are under worktop).
- Worktop height 90cm.
- Oven door is drop down, height of lowest shelf 74cm, can be accessed from side.
- Flooring is laminate.
- Free space in room is 188cm by 169cm.
- Lighting twin tube fluorescent, separate lights in cooker hood.
- Good contrast between surfaces.
- Assistance dogs are welcomed but you are asked to note that other people’s pet dogs might be on the premises. We aim to restrict dogs to ground floor apartments in the interest of others who may be allergic.
- Mobile phone reception is indifferent and depends to some extent on the network provider you use. Reception is not usually possible within the building (60cm thick stone walls!). If concerned, please leave our landline number as an emergency contact.
- Information on fire precautions is provided in all apartments, you are asked to read these and advise us if you foresee any difficulty in the case of an emergency.
- A key is not necessary to leave the premises.
- You are provided with a key to your apartment and a second is available if necessary. You cannot inadvertently lock yourself out.
- Whilst not covered by the new regulations we have established that the majority of our self-catering guests do not smoke and they much prefer that the interior is smoke free. There is a not inconsiderable increase in safety where no smoking is allowed. We have therefore declared the self-catering Apartments as non smoking and hope that guests observe this restriction.
Grounds and Gardens
- The whole barn ite is available to guests, and includes a 2 acre front field (dogs may be exercised off lead here). The patio adjacent to the Waggonette should be regarded as private to that apartment.
- Postal address: Ing Hill Lodge, nr Outhgill, Mallerstang Dale, Kirkby Stephen, Cumbria, CA17 4JT
- Telephone: 01768 371512
- Open all year
- Hours of operation: Hours flexible to business, the adjacent house is our home so occupied 24 hours. Normal arrival days are Friday, Saturday or Monday. We always try to have someone here for guests. If not, main phone line is diverted to our mobile phone, carried at such times.
- Main telephone answered 8am to 11pm. Emails checked at least 3 times a day.
- Local Health Centre: 017683 71369
- Local Vet: 017683 71359
- BD Taxis: 017683 71682 (tell them where you are staying)